Friday 20 February 2015

Welcome to New York Reflection Questions



        I called my artwork “Welcome to New York”. My montage is based on my first trip to New York. Throughout my work I used a lot of fading in my large pictures and contrasting on my small pictures because I wanted the people viewing my montage to focus on the small photos rather than the large ones. I also blended my eye picture with the background, to make my montage look creative. My main idea for this assignment, were to find photos that describe New York and my trip. Also pictures that were my style as well, and my style is usually dark and simple. I didn’t really have any influences throughout my montage, I just kind of followed myself. To me when I see my montage the first photo I focus on, is the large black and white picture of my friend Gabe on the right, it then makes my eyes move lower to the pictures below to the blended photos. My personal motivation for this assignment was simply the music I was listening too. I know its kind of weird to say but I was listening to a lot of indie music which inspired me to make my pictures simple, because indie to me means simple. In my opinion, I believe that what I did successful was my fading. and my ability to place my photos in a way that the viewer could move their eyes around. I could improve on the proportion on size. Make the pictures different a different proportion from others.


-Kate Delas Armas

No comments:

Post a Comment